Who we are?
This website, whose address is https://prohibition-conference-reims.org, is operated by Georges Chappaz Wine Institute in Champagne – University of Reims, whose registered address is https://www.univ-reims.fr/igc, is committed to protect and preserve the privacy of our visitors when they visit our site or communicate electronically with us.
This policy sets out how we treat personal data that we collect from you or that you provide to us via our website. We confirm that we will keep your information secure and fully comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations. Please read the following carefully to understand what happens to the personal data that you choose to provide to us or that we collect from you when you visit this site. By visiting https://prohibition-conference-reims.org (our website), you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
The types of information we may collect from you
We may collect, store and use the following types of personal information about people who visit and use our website:
– The information you provide to us. You can provide us with information about yourself by filling out forms on our website. This includes the information you provide when you submit a contact form for an enquiry. The information you provide may include your name, address, email address and telephone number, your company, its address and URL.
– Information that our website automatically collects about you. With respect to each of your visits to our website, we may automatically collect information, including the following:
– technical information, including a truncated and anonymized version of your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, operating system, platform;
– information about your visit, including the pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you arrived at the site (including date and time); page response times, length of visit, what you click on, downloaded documents and download errors.
How we may use the information we collect?
We use information in the following ways:
- The information you provide to us. We will use this information to provide you with the information and/or services you request from us.
- The information we automatically collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer our site, including for troubleshooting and statistical purposes;
- to improve our site so that the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- for security and debugging purposes as part of our efforts to ensure the security of our site.
This information is collected anonymously and is not linked to any information that identifies you as an individual. We use Google Analytics to track this information. Find out how Google uses your data on https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Any information you provide will be sent directly to us by e-mail or may be stored on a secure server located in France. We use a third party website and a trusted hosting provider (Magic Online) to facilitate the management and administration of this website. Magic Online adheres to high standards of data protection and security and is contractually bound to keep confidential all information it processes on our behalf. All data that may be collected via this website and processed by Magic Online is secure and only processed in the manner we request. Magic Online cannot access, provide, correct or delete data they store on our behalf without authorization.
We do not rent, sell or share your personal information with other people or non-affiliated companies.
We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to regional, national and/or European Community institutions and authorities unless required by law or other regulations.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Integrated contents from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves exactly as if the visitor had visited the other website.
Links to third parties
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility for those policies. Please check these policies before submitting personal data to these websites.
Your rights – Access to your personal data
You have the right to ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully (« Subject’s Right of Access »). Your Subject Access Right may be exercised in accordance with data protection laws and regulations. Any request for Subject Access must be made in writing to the Georges Chappaz Institute’s Director. We will provide you with your personal data within the legal deadlines. To enable us to trace your personal data held by us, we may need to ask you for additional information. If you have a complaint about the way we have used your information, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent courts.
This post is also available in French